Saturday, March 15, 2008

Made it to LA



A quick update from the Wallace household in Long Beach, California! We did a beautiful ride up some huge mountain in Malibu yesterday which was actually pretty nice, even though I still claim to hate climbing. The view from 2,800 or so feet was worth it though! In fact, we were so high up, at one point Alie said, "car back" and we realized a few seconds later that she meant "plane up!" 

We finished our ride with perfect timing to drive into LA at rush hour, and met up with my family for dinner last night. Yesterday also happened to be pi day, which I hope everyone remembered to celebrate! We even heard a special pi day broadcast on NPR last night! This morning, Alie and I spent some quality time doing arts and crafts with my cousin Rose, and have decided to take the day off the bikes today! LA is not well suited to cyclists, fyi. ugh.

Miles Ridden Yesterday: 23
Miles Ridden 2008: 1,428

3 comments:

e-RICHIE said...

nicemo atmo.

ps -
go to art's deli in studio city.
every sandwich is a work of art.

Moveitfred said...

Closer to home, say hello to all my friends at Taco Surf in Surfside(get the fish tacos, baja style and a pitcher of whatever Carlos recommends) and then finish things off back at the new gelato place on 2nd street.

krausmattic said...

I was near Laguna Beach area that weekend for my cuz's wedding. I knew I felt some Ateam around. Got a sunburn on my forehead on the covertible car ride from LAX to Dana Point. Friggin winter skin, makes me feel Irish.