Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits Day!


Our day began today at 2:45am, when I got up for my middle of the night bladder relief. Amy, having heard me stir, woke up and excitedly remarked, "Rabbits rabbits rabbits!!!!" to which i replied a groggy, "rabbits rabbits rabbits" back. Good luck for the month has officially been secured. Ok, so our day really began at a leisurely 9ish, par usual, with a full french press of coffee and big bowls of oatmeal with fruit (strawberries have now been added to the fruit array, as they are officially now in season and CHEAP!). Somehow we managed to kill a few more hours, and eventually got on our bikes around noonish for our longest day yet on the bikes. After a WICKED head wind for the first 2 hours, a deserted ghost town where the only living beings were two dogs and two horses, we finally found ourselves flying south with the most refreshing tailwind imaginable. This boosted our morale and gave us a surge of energy for the hours to come. Unfortunately, about 15 miles from home, Amy got a flat...but the GREAT news is that this was the first official time that the Wallace had actually changed a flat without the help of a rescue vehicle or studly biker boy at her side, and made it back home without a hitch. I can't exactly say that I helped much, seeing as I struggled immensely to assist in the hand pumping of her tire while she held the nozzle tightly on the valve stem. We were quite the sight. I guess I need to start lifting more weights or something, cause MAN was I winded. Anyway, we made it back before sunset and although we didn't do the 5 hour ride we'd planned, we know that day is just around the corner. We are both excited at the prospect of hitting 1000 miles after tomorrow's ride. 

Miles Ridden Today: 70
Miles Ridden in 2008: 986

3 comments:

krausmattic said...

Oh man, that open road in noweheresville kills me with envy, my soul needs warm soon atmo

Unknown said...

Sounds like the rabbit chant worked out well for you.
Souns like a sweet ride.

Need some Lebowski-esque In-N-Out burger references...

megA said...

dangit!

it's BUNNY BUNNY BUNNY!!