Friday, March 7, 2008

Beach Day and Final News Updates (for now)

Today, we accomplished one of our four remaining goals: We both had our FIRST EVER swim in the Pacific Ocean! We were surprised to not be the only ones on the beach, although it was not very crowded. We even actually got some noticeable tan lines (bikini ones, not biker ones - HOORAY!) and yes, moms, we used sun block. Today was our last recovery day on the bike, wrapping up a week of sub 2 hour rides. Tomorrow we will begin a higher intensity/volume period, and we even get to do a century (Amy's first!!) mid-week! 

In other news, future plans are now officially official...or something like that. I have officially secured a part-time income, lodging and education plans in Colorado for the duration of the year. In two weeks, Amy and I will be saying an earlier than planned 'good-bye' to San Luis Obispo, our wonderful house, pets and roomie and heading to LA for our final weekend in California. We'll be meeting up with Amy's family, as well as our pal and teammate Justin (scroll down to the very last photo on the linked page).  The plan is to leave LA at or before the crack-o-dawn on Tuesday, March 18 and drive to Boulder, CO. After our last week as conjoined friends, Amy will head back to work in Andover and I will begin a month-long stint as an assistant to a kick-ass cyclist in the area while he prepares for the Tour of Georgia. Once my services are no longer needed, I will fly to New England, visit some pals, pack my bags, my 'cross bikes and my coffee maker (what else does a girl really need?) and return once again to CO mid-May, where I will begin Massage School and more part-time work. School will go through December, and by then, I will have hopefully attained "the touch" and be able to work as a professional soigneur. So there's the big news, ladies and gents.

Miles Ridden Today: 24
Miles Ridden 2008: 1,144

5 comments:

krausmattic said...

Yo Alie, thats such awesome news but that means no RScx? thats not an awesome part atmo

alie said...

No no no, au contraire, mi ami, I will CERTAINLY represent RS in the CO racing scene...and at all usgps and such that I get my butt too. I'm going to be our "west of the mississippi" RS lady, no worries!!!

e-RICHIE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
e-RICHIE said...

yes - there is a godmo atmo.

krausmattic said...

phew moyo