Friday, March 21, 2008

OMIE is back!!

Early yesterday morning, Alie and I were happy to pick up the final piece of our trio from the Denver airport - Oli is here!!! We found a bike for Oli, went for a ride, and of course did some shopping on Pearl Street after a lunch (and dessert) of crepes at Crepes a la Carte in town. 

After a much needed nap, we ran into Rebecca Menke on our way to dinner at Mountain Sun... coincidentally, she was headed for the same place so the reunion continued at dinner time! After the usual group text and catching up, team Omie headed to The Foundry to play pool again with Mike Cody.

Today we went out for a ride after settling in at our new temporary home on Grape Avenue, and it was probably the windiest ride we've ever been on. Accuweather reports that winds today are blowing at 21 mph with gusts up to 51 mph... Apparently on windy days in town people head up to the mountains to ride for a little shelter from winds. So, at the top of Sunshine Canyon, we reviewed safe descending techniques for high cross winds! Safely back at home, we're excited for a dinner at home tonight and some Easter egg decorating :)

And for anyone else in Boulder, you will soon see us sporting these sweet new threads in town...

Miles Ridden 2008: 1,530... this is now getting pretty approximate!

12 comments:

e-RICHIE said...

so compelling atmo.
wasdis meanmo?

Unknown said...

Of course!

e-RICHIE said...

codymo -

Unknown said...

I love the Foundry. May have been my favorite Indoors part of visiting Boulder.

amy said...

man, I post gobbledegook for all of four minutes while I update my post and you guys are all over me!!!

e-RICHIE said...

"man, I post gobbledegook for all of four minutes while I update my post and you guys are all over me!!!"


darling, that's what guys domo atmo.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Amy, you missed out on quite a few critical details regarding the past 42 hours... let me remind you that:
- Alie and I totally handed it to you and Cody at pool place.
- You and Alie successfully managed to NOT impulsively buy those beautiful overpriced, stylish shirts from the surf shop. Congrats on your achievement girls.
-Untaken picture of the day: Alie and Amy in the supermarket each holding a Jamba-juice in one hand and the cart with the other like good ol' married couple.... Alie- how will you survive out here without Amy?

Now really Wallace/Kenzer: I also have a question for you: how is it that you never mention alcohol, nor boys on your blog????????

I LOVE YOU GIRLSS!!!!! I LOVE BOULDER!!!!!!
I'll MISS YOU!!!

amy said...

censorship oli. there are no boys or alcohol, or boys and alcohol, in blog world.

and you did not hand it to us at pool

Anonymous said...

OH AMY....Y.A.F.O.S.
I guess you're right though, California and Colorado really has no boys, and certainly no alcohol.

rslkly said...

mountain sunmo....java porter on nitrous is the cats pajamas....ahhhhh...boulder

Melody! said...

Pool, boys, boys-not, mumbojumbos gobblededook, girl fights etc. all pale in comparison..

flahute said...

I really need to ditch SLC and move to Boulder, if there are no boys.

The no-alcohol thing might do me in, though. I get plenty of no-alcohol here.