Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Reality sets in...sort of...

Amy and I may have parted ways, but don't worry folks, we still talk/text/email daily. She has made a smooth transition back to the life of an office lady and is happily accepting any and all assignments. The weather back east has even been kind to her, allowing for some outdoor sunny riding while I, on the other hand, was caught in a snowy blizzard after 30 minutes on my bike yesterday!! 

As for me, my journey continues to morph and develop, as I meet new friends, potential future co-workers and adorable kids. Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking care of two of the most adorable and well adjusted 5 and 7 year old boys I've met in a long time. (Don't worry, Jack and Finn, you're still my absolute favorite 4 1/2 and 2 year olds!!) The boys didn't bat an eye when they awoke to find just me, a stranger to them, in place of a parent. They welcomed me right away with stories, treats and enticing offers to let them stay home from school to play the wii and read books. Cuteness abound. Below is a shot of my other source of income...

My job as a 'personal assistant' to a local bike racer out here is also continuing smoothly. I've met some great people through him and the team. I use the term "job" lightly, as its more of a "hang out, have fun and support when necessary" role, than a mundane job.  Tomorrow night I'll be attending a birthday bash BBQ for my current hostess and a bunch of cycling community members. I've got about a week "off'' now while the boss is racing Redlands. 

Till next time...hope this quenches your blog thirst, richie :o)

1 comment:

e-RICHIE said...

duly satiated atmo.
xoxosmo -