Thursday, April 10, 2008

Where's the WARM SUN?!


Today is Thursday, April 10th and its SNOWING. I guess thats ok, but still, I like sunny weather better. Good news is that this is Boulder and the weekend should be in the high 60s! Anyway, lets see, since Tuesday, I've done heaps of riding - Tuesday I had the pleasure of riding 3 hours with a few new friends out here, one whom I'd never actually met in person but had been emailing with since last Fall! Finally! I ended the day with a tasty Chipotle burrito and a tour of the Slipstream headquarters with Daimo. Kim, the friendly financial manager (?), was working late, so I was able to also meet her. Yesterday I got to ride for over three hours before meeting up with Cheynna and twenty little 2nd thru 5th graders for an after school bike program! We took them along the bike path, teaching them how to call out "Rider up!" or "On your left!" They were like little ducklings...very cute. I may also volunteer next week, if my *busy* (haha) schedule can fit it in - Oh, and the kids want some "REAL pros" - so all you "Pros" reading this, you should come too!!! By the time we were done, they couldn't wait to go in for some snack, and we parted ways so that I could also head home for a "snack" (or, rather, a HUGE dinner with lots of ice cream for dessert). I bailed on a night out and sank deep into the creases of the couch. Tomorrow is an exciting day 'cause I get to go pick up Monsieur Lim from the airport. He's got a few weeks home in the states before again heading back to Girona for the big deal Euro races.

Now its time for me to go see if that climbing machine that I follow actually wants to ride in this icky snowy weather.....

And for those of you who know my yiayia (greek for grandma), she's going through her first chemo today, so send good thoughts her way!! ...S'agapo, Yiayiamu!

No comments: