Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day, I Guess

Today marked our two week anniversary in our new home. It also happened to be Valentine's Day.... ugh. After receiving the usual Happy Valentine's Day wish from my dad, that was pretty much the last we heard about that. We'll be accepting belated Valentine's wishes through the end of the week.

Our afternoon ride took us to the bustling town of Pozo - town center is pictured above. To be fair, the Pozo Saloon is actually a semi-famous middle-of-nowhere concert venue. After the ride we wrapped up the day with another trip to the Thursday night SLO Farmer's Market and got some more BBQ ribs a la last Thursday. And finally - a first for our California trip I think - we went out and drank beer! Okay, so it was only one beer each, and we were home by 8:30, but at least the idea was crazy.

Miles Ridden Today: 39
Miles Ridden 2008: 446

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*sniffle*
Being associated with "pretty much the last". Ouch.
I'll take my well-wishes elsewhere next year.

amy said...

That's why it was only "pretty much" the last! I appreciated your valentine's wishes pete. Guys that already have girlfriends can only count for so much :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...I think it's only 10:30 pacific time so technically this still counts as last week for you so....HAPPY BELATED VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! Hope you got the 50% off day after chocolate while it was still around :)-Rhonda

Mandy said...

happy vayemtimes day, babes!!!!! miss you guys tons. no bikin for me but your lifestyle makes me fondly remember them days. so long ago. what, like a year?
much love to you two.
kisses!!!!!!!
mandy

Anonymous said...

Oh okay, so a very, very late happy valentines day - well, that day is definitely over, best wishes anyway...

Just wanted to drop a line saying that you're blog's a fun read and I hope it's being continued throughout the year and into the next cyclocross season we're all already waiting for.
I'd really love to race the U.S. one day.
All the best for the A-team from Germany,
Eric