Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 4: Fitness, Food, Movies, Food


After the success of purchasing a car yesterday, today we were free to relax, break free of the shackles of our laptops, and get out of the house!! While the sun still has not made an Official appearance since we arrived in the Sunshine State, it pretended to come out briefly today. Alie chalked it up as our first sighting of the sun ball, but atmo it didn't really count because it was under a sheen of clouds.

We got out of the house by ten thirty with Marina and Kim and headed for the 24 Hour Fitness gym... I can't even remember the last time I went to a gym, but there I was, and out of my element without a bike!  After the gym I was led to the car, fatigued from hunger and needing sushi like now.  After a big lunch of seaweed salad and miso soup and a few sushi rolls, we filled the dessert compartment with ice cream sundaes and then made a run to Target to pick up a few things.... holy crap.  I was so overwhelmed by the hordes of people at Target, I thought I was in one of those scenes you see on the evening news of Black Friday.  Most of the aisles looked like this, and I nearly panicked when I realized i'd left my phone in the car and i'd gotten separated from Alie and Marina in the store.  The craziest part about the scene in Target was the fact that there was a second identical Target store just across the street from this one.  Where do these people come from??!

We wrapped up the afternoon with a matinee viewing of There Will Be Blood.  While Alie and I agreed that there was some very good acting in it, we were otherwise very confused, wondering where the not-very-interesting plot was headed, and did not enjoy the movie!!  After the movie we ate our third meal of the day at Burgermeister, and headed home...  

That's it from San Francisco tonight.  Back to playing Rummikub for us... for the record, Amy is not smarter than a fifth grader.

Miles Ridden Today: 0
Miles Ridden 2008: 0

3 comments:

daddyo said...

that looks like one of them there new fangled drive-thru fitness centers I hear they got there in californeyeae.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!